Why poetry?

Poetry (I'm learning now I've graduated) isn't something you run across often outside of the classroom. But poetry is meant for more than just Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 3:00-4:00 so here is a place to always find poems and suggestions of more places to seek them out. You can agree or disagree with my choices, but my hope is that you'll be inspired to let poetry (the poems I find or ones you find on your own) be a part of your every day.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"On Last Lines" by Suzanne Buffam

Because the new year is for sticking to self inflicted resolutions, I resolve to at least once a week post a poem. In turn I think everyone should resolve to at least once a week read a poem, but last I heard I don't think I'm allowed to make resolutions for other people. Still, I'll try to subtly help you along by sharing some poems I find the most interesting and the places I love to look for them.

I'm assuming that most people are still recovering from the holidays so today's poem is short. Not simple, but at only 3 lines, it's a quick read. Enjoy!

"On Last Lines" by Suzanne Buffam

The last line should strike like a lover’s complaint.
You should never see it coming.
And you should never hear the end of it.

Found at-- http://www.poetryfoundation.org/archive/poem.html?id=239576

No comments:

Post a Comment