Why poetry?

Poetry (I'm learning now I've graduated) isn't something you run across often outside of the classroom. But poetry is meant for more than just Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 3:00-4:00 so here is a place to always find poems and suggestions of more places to seek them out. You can agree or disagree with my choices, but my hope is that you'll be inspired to let poetry (the poems I find or ones you find on your own) be a part of your every day.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

"There was a little girl" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

One of my very favorite poems as a child but maybe not the best poem for children since the moral is a bit non-existent. Still, great fun to recite at the top of your lungs over and over again until your mother threatens to take your bedtime books away...

There was a little girl
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Found at: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/173916

No comments:

Post a Comment