Why poetry?

Poetry (I'm learning now I've graduated) isn't something you run across often outside of the classroom. But poetry is meant for more than just Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 3:00-4:00 so here is a place to always find poems and suggestions of more places to seek them out. You can agree or disagree with my choices, but my hope is that you'll be inspired to let poetry (the poems I find or ones you find on your own) be a part of your every day.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost

Since I posted "Snow Day" by Billy Collins on Jan. 11 (see blog archives if you're interested) and since word on the street is that the we are in the middle of "Snowpocalypse" or other equally ominous labels for the snow storm hitting the Mid-west today, this well known Frost poem seemed appropriate.

Fire and Ice
by Robert Frost

SOME say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Found at: http://www.bartleby.com/155/2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment